“Stencil” Me In
I remember how much fun stencils were when I was a kid. They helped you be creative while teaching you how to draw. I created a craft project to do with your kids, or even to advertise your business. The possibilities – and fun - are endless!
Here are the steps to follow to create your masterpiece.
1. Choose your design. Block letters, shapes, or uncomplicated images are best. If you have a simple company logo that can be traced, it would be a great marketing tool!
2. Create a file. Your file must be created in a design program so that it can be traced. It works best when it has an outline so that when it is made, it can be cut out.
The design also needs to be big enough to go through the cutting machine so very small images and intricate details do not work well. For my monogram, I used the “stencil” font. If you need help designing your stencil or have questions a FedEx Office® team member can help you develop your design idea for a small document creation fee.
3. Take your file to FedEx Office. FedEx Office will send your file to a signs and graphics location where it will be produced out of a durable styrene (thin plastic) material. It usually takes 24-48 hours to receive the final product. The cost for this project simply depends on the size of your stencil, but mine was only $14.
4. Let your creativity shine! Next, choose what material you will be using your stencil on, whether it be posters, tote bags, blocks, t-shirts, walls, etc. I made the letter “B” for my son’s initial, as well as some fun shapes such as a star, heart, and music note. Since he loves helping me in the kitchen, I made him his own apron using my stencils and fabric paint, personalized with the music notes. I made the box using markers and colored paper to use as a gift box for a baby shower or birthday. You can choose from paint, spray paint, markers, construction paper, fabric ,etc. Just make sure if you use paint it is appropriate for the material you are applying your stencil to – most fabrics don’t work well. I even found glitter fabric spray paint to use on the apron!
5. Show your work with pride. You can use this as artwork, advertising, party favors, gifts, etc. to “wow” your friends, family, or customers. It can also be a fun art project to do with your kids.
Let us know what great creations you come up with – we’d love to see pictures!
Related FedEx Office Solutions: Finishing