Breeze of Memories
What is not to love about summer? It's the time when folks around here begin to emerge from hibernation. Celebrations - such as reunions, weddings, and barbecues - are in full swing. The sun is shining and spirits are high. So whether you're hosting a formal dinner party, impromptu picnic, or casual grill-out, we wanted to give you a creative idea to beat the heat!
Paddle fans are a fun and easy way to cool down any special event. My cousin used this idea to create the the programs for her wedding ceremony, and her foresight was greatly admired and appreciated on that hot June day!
There are endless ways to make these fans unique and personal. Here's a basic outline of how you can make them yourself as a fun project with the kids or for an event - plus a few photos of my own creations:
- First, choose what you want printed on the fan. For example, you can use a photo, an inspirational quote, or poem. If the gathering is for the kids, such as a birthday or pool party, you can even incorporate your child’s art projects as the theme. Simply bring some of their recent handiwork or your photos to FedEx Office and have it scanned.
- Once you have decided on the fan's design, open a program such as Microsoft Word or PowerPoint to bring it to life with the selected text and images. For help on the size, remember that you can use the entire sheet of paper for large fans or cut them in half to make smaller fans.
- Next, print out a copy of your completed design on heavy cardstock. A lot of home printers can't print this heavy paper, so consider submitting your file to a FedEx Office location or using FedEx Office Print Online.
- After it's been printed, cut the corners of the paper to avoid sharp edges; shaped scissors or scrapbooking corner-punches are a great way to add a fun twist here.
- Then glue the cardstock to a paint stirring stick, which you can find (often times for free!) at your local hardware store. If you really want to get crafty,you can also decorate the stick with accessories such as paint, stickers, or glitter for the desired effect.
- And for constructing a double sided fan, simply print two copies of your image and adhere them back-to-back on the stick.
No matter which type of fan you choose to create, your guests will be delighted by memories with each and every breeze!
Related FedEx Office Solutions: FedEx Office Print Online, Scanning