We have a great idea for teachers to spruce up the classroom (or parents to use at home to educate or inspire). Window clings are a good way to utilize space and get noticed. It’s also an excellent way to prominently display everyday items such as classroom rules, daily task lists or schedules.
The window cling I created for the example in this post is similar to the daily agenda my son follows at daycare. But you can use it for so much more! Personalize it to be specific to the subject you teach, whether it’s Math, English, History or other subject areas. You can even put up your favorite quote or motivational message for the students. I added fun, colorful clipart that will grab the attention of young students, but you can also use photos to personalize the design.
Here’s how to get started creating and displaying your window cling:
1. Choose your topic.
2. Create your design using a program such as Microsoft Word®. You can use clip art to add excitement or color. If you don’t feel comfortable producing it yourself, bring your ideas into FedEx Office and let the design specialists bring your idea to life. They have a clipart book available from which you can choose a wide range of borders and images. (Just keep in mind there is a document creation fee if FedEx Office creates your design.)
Have your image printed on static cling material. The static cling material available at FedEx Office
comes with either a clear or white background. Printing on this material is available in full color so you can be as creative and vibrant as you like. (Just remember – if you have an image and you choose clear, everything white will come out clear!) Another thing to keep in mind, your project will likely need to be sent to a special FedEx Office Signs & Graphics Center for production, so expect a 24-48 hour turnaround time.
4. Once you receive your window cling, you are ready to apply! Make sure you clean and dry the surface prior to application.
5. Carefully start at one end and peel back the paper slowly as you attach the cling to the window.
6. The cling material can easily be pulled back and replaced to smooth out any bubbles. You can also use a squeegee to help with the application.
7. Enjoy your masterpiece and get ready to enjoy your professional and fun artwork!
Don’t have a window in your classroom? No problem, you can easily take the same file and turn it into a poster package and have it printed, laminated, and mounted on foam core to display by hanging or standing on a table with an easel back.
And as our title promised, we’ve also got some information on a great FedEx Office discount available to teachers across the country. Just register for our National Educator Discount program at this link
to receive 15% off on most products and services at participating FedEx Office locations nationwide.