Make Your House a Home with a Personalized Photo Collage
Sometimes it is difficult to find artwork that is unique and personal. In my home, I have a couple of paintings I really like, but wanted to add something different created just for my family. I decided to make 3D letters made of a collage of photographs. You can choose color or black and white photos depending on your decorating preference.
Here are the steps to create your very own family masterpiece:
1. Choose the word or shape you want to be the outline for your design. I chose the word “home,” but you could use “family,” or “love,” or the name of a child or pet. I created 12” letters in Adobe® Illustrator and make an outline. I chose a simple, bold font so there would be plenty of room for the photos.
2. Select the photos you want to use (I know, it can be hard to pick!). It may take some time to arrange your photos. I placed my photos in the collage digitally in Adobe Illustrator, but if you feel more comfortable you could also print them individually, arrange them and scan as one image.
3. Combine your “home” outline and photos. The outline will need to be placed on top of the photos in a program such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop so it can be cut along the lines of the letters. A FedEx Office® team member can always help you with your design.
4. Select the material for the finished product. There are many materials available to stylize your art. There are metal materials for a modern look and gator board, which is available in various thicknesses and black and white. I chose half-inch gator board for mine because it is durable and lightweight for hanging.
5. Display your work. I picked up a picture hanging kit from FedEx Office because it is easy to use and removable.
We hope you enjoy this twist on a photo collage and welcome your unique art ideas!
Related FedEx Office Solutions: FedEx Office® Signs, Banners and Posters