Oh Baby! Creating the Perfect Baby Memory Book
Looking for a unique way to capture all the special moments from baby's first years? As a first-time parent, I’m eager to record all the details of baby’s days, so I decided to make a template for a baby book to document the big moments. With a template, I can fill in activities or events as they occur (and it lets me catch up more easily if I get busy – imagine that! – and fall behind).
- Details from your pregnancy months: names you considered, how you felt during pregnancy, facts about mom and dad, how the nursery was decorated and who helped put it together, guests and gifts at showers and more
- Details from baby's birthday: was he/she early or late, height, weight, eye color, hair color, special visitors, names of the doctors/nurses/midwife, mom’s and dad's thoughts and feelings, baby’s hand and foot prints
- Details about the world that baby was welcomed into: who was President, cost of gasoline and other items, popular music and television shows, famous people, trends
- Details about baby's milestones: smiling, laughing, rolling over, sitting, crawling standing, walking, teething, words. You can even paste in envelopes for locks of hair from baby's first hair cut and first lost tooth (assuming that ol’ Tooth Fairy doesn't keep it!)
- Details about baby's favorites: favorite foods, favorite activities, favorite songs, favorite animals
- Details about baby's first holidays: what did baby wear, eat, play with, what friends and family members attended