Re-Energize at Work
Labor Day is fast approaching – and while this is an occasion to reflect on and celebrate our hard work at the office, those long desk hours can get really exhausting! Here are a few tried-and-true tips that the Out of Office team uses to rev up the workday and avoid those dreaded afternoon crashes.
- Change Gears – sometimes breaking up your daily routine can be the perfect way to refocus. Get away from your computer and chat with a colleague about his or her weekend or schedule a quick team check-in to find out what everyone’s working on.
- Corporate Cardio – working in an office can lead you to become “one” with your chair. To prevent this from happening, take a brisk walk around the office. This will get your blood flowing and help you tackle your projects with renewed energy.
- Sunny Delight– office lighting can be a real drag, so brighten your day with a quick break outside. Research from the Mayo Clinic suggests that even a little Vitamin D can help protect against osteoporosis, high blood pressure, and even cancer!
- Make Some Space – a cluttered desk can make anyone feel overwhelmed. Clean up your workspace with folders and other organizational tools you can find at FedEx Office or another similar location. Be sure to check out my earlier post on office cleaning for some more helpful tips!
- Listen Up – make a mid-afternoon playlist when you feel an energy crash approaching. Choose something upbeat and energetic – and don’t be afraid to dance a little if you feel like it!
- Have a Refresh-mint –a peppermint a day keeps the doldrums away so refresh your taste buds with sweet treat.
- Make a Countdown Calendar – to keep the next few months in perspective, make a countdown calendar until your next vacation or even a special occasion. This gives you an exciting event to look forward to while working hard at the office.