Summer Canning: Creating Customized Labels for Jars
By now, summer canning season is in full swing! I’m not a canner myself, but my grandparents were great gardeners and their fridge, freezer and cabinets were endlessly stocked with canned goods. When I think about their house, I remember seeing shelves and shelves of Ball jars loaded all year-round with fruits and vegetables from their summer garden. The green beans were one of my favorites!
With the trend towards locally grown and homemade goods, I know some of our readers may be canning things this summer. To keep all those yummy fruits and vegetables straight, you probably need labels for your jars.
Never fear, Out of Office is here! You can make your own customized jar labels in just a few minutes using these steps.
1. Use our basic label template or create your own design. If you create your own, save it as a PDF so that your fonts translate to different machines.
2. Next, take your design to FedEx Office, and ask that your labels be printed on vinyl. You can pick almost any color imaginable, and you can size the labels however you like. You can work with our FedEx Office team members to pre-cut your labels in squares, circles or other shapes. Note: if you use the template I shared, you’ll have square labels for your jars.
3. Once the labels are printed on the vinyl, you simply write the contents and date on them. Insider tip: If you use a dry-erase marker, your labels can be reused.
4. Finally, stick ‘em on! The labels have sticky backing that adheres nicely to glass and plastic. The best part? The vinyl labels are dishwasher safe, so you can keep using both the jars and the labels from year to year!
Here are some other jar labels that may jump-start your creativity.
· Guest blogger Stephanie’s labels for her kitchen spice cabinet
We also offer pre-designed multi-purpose labels for an easy peel-and-stick option.
Related FedEx Office Solutions: Signs, Banners & Oversize Prints