Thinking Creatively and Engaging Employees with a Poster-Size Puzzle
If you own a small business, you have probably put some thought into the different ways you can engage and motivate your employees. Many small businesses do this by hosting annual events like retreats, conferences or parties that boost employee morale and give the team time for socializing.
- Create the poster or have a graphic designer prepare it for you. As a final step in the design process, overlay an outline of the puzzle pieces right on the poster to make it easier to cut out when it's printed. Export the graphic as a PDF and bring it to your local FedEx Office® (or upload online) for printing.
- The poster in this example measured 18" x 24". But other sizes (24" x 36" and 36" x 48") are available. They can also make a poster that’s custom-sized. Just be sure to pick the size that gets you enough “pieces” when you’re finished.
- You will want to make sure the image is created in high-resolution so the printing is sharp and vibrant once it’s full-size.
- Be sure to have the puzzle’s cutting lines run through the winner’s name in many places – that way no one gets a sneak peek of the winner before the puzzle is assembled.
- Skip adding a foam board or lamination to your poster so it's printed on heavy weight paper and easier to cut out.
- Once the poster is printed, follow the lines on the puzzle outline and cut out all of the pieces of the puzzle. In our example poster puzzle, each employee or team member would receive a piece of the puzzle that they would bring to the event or announcement.
- At the event, have employees place their puzzle pieces on a large, flat surface. You may want to select one or two employees to handle the reassembly of the puzzle.
- Now it's time for the big reveal! Let everyone see the winner or the announcement being made on the poster once the puzzle is fully assembled.