A Very Sweet Father’s Day Art Project
What’s better than spending a rainy afternoon coloring? How about baking chocolate chip cookies?
I thought both sounded pretty satisfying and came up with a way to combine the two for the ultimate Father’s Day craft project – a colorful and custom mailing tube, filled with homemade cookies! Whether you’re shipping the cookies or just using the tube as a fun wrapper, this is definitely an affordable, fun and delicious Father’s Day gift idea that adults and kids will surely love making.
- Stop at a local FedEx Office location and pick up a 12”-long matte-white mailing tube for each of your kids. (And if you don’t have markers, crayons, glitter or stickers at home, buy those, too!)
- Dig up your favorite cookie recipe or buy Dad’s favorite cookies from the local bakery on your way home from the run to FedEx Office. Just be sure the cookies you make or buy are small enough to fit in the tube!
- Put the kids to work decorating each mailing tube, using all the craft supplies you’ve got around the house or picked up while shopping. Get creative and don’t forget to write, “I love you, Dad!”
- Bake your cookies (or unwrap them from the bakery box!)
- Carefully fill each mailing tube with cookies and cap the tube with the provided plastic lid (this will help hold in the moisture!)
VOILA! HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!