Wedding Series – A Parting Gift (tag)
I want to share one last idea before my wedding. For my ceremony, I decided to give little bells as our wedding favor, partly to pay homage to my last name one last time and also because I love the sweet, cheerful sound they make.
I put them in baskets for my nephew to hand out to our guests just before my new husband and I get ready to say goodbye and hop in the vintage car we’ve rented. They’re small silver bells and I’ve made little tags to tie on each of them that say “Ring this bell for a fond farewell” on one side and “thank you for being part of our special day” on the other side.” After our guests send us off, they can keep the bell as a reminder of the day.
Here’s how I made the tags:
- In Microsoft PowerPoint, I drew lines to make the rectangular shape of the tags and show me where to cut once they have been printed.
- Then I used text boxes to fill in our message. Just be sure to leave enough room to punch a hole and tie them on – I moved my text over to the far right side.
- I sent the tags to print using FedEx Office Print Online. I had them done on cardstock since it was sturdier than regular paper (I picked the one called Mesa White because it looks like confetti, but there are a variety of colors to match just about any color scheme).
- Next, I used a professional cutter in the self-serve area at my local FedEx Office to get the edges even.
- And finally, I used a hole puncher to cut a single hole, looped through thin ribbon, and tied a pretty bow.
They turned out great, and this could be replicated for many other wedding pieces, such hospitality bags or baskets, candy boxes, and wedding party gifts.
Related FedEx Office Solutions: FedEx Office Print Online