You May Have a Website, but Does Anyone Know it?
With millions of websites on the Internet, it can be easy for a small site to get lost in the shuffle. But for small businesses in particular, having a website that’s hard for customers to find can be a real challenge. It could even affect your sales! That’s why it’s so important for businesses to make sure existing and potential customers can easily find you online. And one of the simplest ways to do that is by promoting your URL at every touch point you have with your customers. A few ideas to think about for those small businesses facing this website challenge:
- Prominently display your URL on the window of your brick and mortar location. When I recently wrote about window decals for weddings, I designed the artwork and then worked directly with a FedEx Office team member at a store to produce the sign. This time I used the FedEx Office online tool with more than a hundred online templates to make the window decal. For a large-sized window decal (19.3" x 12.65") the cost was only about $30. Of course, pricing will vary per order.
- Include the website address on everything customers leave your store with: receipts, business cards, take out menus, promotional flyers and more
- Feature the URL on those things customers may glance at while in your store. Think about menus, placemats, napkins, product signage, Point of Sale displays, etc.
If you decide to go with a window decal, here are a few helpful tips:
- When it’s time to stick your decal on the window, it’s helpful to place a long piece of masking tape in a straight, horizontal line on the window. This should go just above or below where you want the decal to end so that you can line up your decal and make sure it’s perfectly straight. If it helps, have someone stand behind you as an extra set of eyes to make sure it’s level to avoid a slanted sign!
- Clean the inside and outside of the window with an adhesive cleaner before sticking on the window decal. Then, when you remove the decal it will easily come off without leaving behind any residue.
- Carefully place the decal on the window and smooth out any air bubbles first with a firm piece of felt (found at craft stores), then go over it with a squeegee.
Now that we’ve got you thinking, what do you plan to do differently this year to promote your business?
Related FedEx Office Solutions: Design & Print Center, FedEx Office® Print Online